Friday, April 16, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

I am a planner. I like to plan gatherings, outings, and make to do lists. I love my little pocket calendar, and cooking up a scheme to do something fun. It seems like at this time every year, I am working on big plans. In 2008, I was knee deep in planning my wedding and reception. Last year, all five our children were taking big trips all over the globe at different points throughout the summer. This year, our oldest is graduating from Yuba City High School and going to college in the fall in addition to our first ever family road trip to Ohio and Indiana to visit my husband's family.

Yesterday I began jotting down all of the unfinished projects or things that needed to be done by the end of the summer. I almost flipped out. The list covered the front and back of a sheet of paper. On the list were several reminders of lists that needed to be made. I am a very visual person, so just having the items down on paper and out of my brain is a big help. But now I have to do something with these lists. So where do I start? At the top? The most urgent? The easiest? I guess a little of all of them. I have already marked off and rid myself of six items from my list. What a great feeling!

Do you know who else is a planner? My gracious Lord Jesus is a planner too! He has a master plan of salvation that leads to a forever life of fellowship with Him once this life on earth is through. It's not just a "Plan B" plan either! It's the whole reason we were created in the first place. He has been working on all of the arrangements with tender loving care since before time began. Can you imagine anything other than perfection with all of that effort invested? I can hardly wait for the celebrations to begin when He calls me Home.

Until then, though, He hardly leaves us without a plan for our time here on earth. My favorite verse in the Word is Jeremiah 29:11. In fact, I have an inspired tattoo to remind me that I am not alone here...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
So, no matter what challenges you are facing, HE is ready, willing, and able to show you the plans He has delicately laid out for you. They are great plans because He loves you and wants to show you just how much!
May your day be filled with Sparkle, from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in...