Monday, April 19, 2010

Now that I've got you alone...

Two years ago tonight, while dining at Ruby Tuesday, my dear Kevin took me by the hand and said, "Now that I've got you alone... Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?"

Little did he know that I had a sneaking suspicion as to why we were meeting at the same restaurant where we held our first "meeting" almost a year before. Just before dinner I had purchased a sign at a party supply store that said "Just Engaged!" He may have been the one doing the asking, but I was already one step ahead of him.

Of course I said yes, and couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear. And two years later, I still have the same grin plastered to my face every time I look at him. Ok, so not every time... but 99% of the time! Like tonight. He had told me last week that he had ordered me something from ebay, and I sneakily talked him into letting me open it tonight. It was one of the best gifts I've ever received... a 1976 "Happy Days" board game just like the original one I loved in 1976!
I have to tell you... I was madly in love with "Happy Days". Not with Fonzie, or Richie or even Potsie (although how funny that I am now married to a guy who was nicknamed Pottsey in high school!) but I loved the show itself. Everything about it. Mrs. Cunningham's perfect hair and outfits, bratty Joanie, and of course Pinky Tuscadero. Naturally, I played my board game all of the time with my neighborhood friends. It was the first thing I would suggest when we were hanging out at my house. "Wanna play Happy Days?" And I always got the blue marker (to match my eyes).


So, this weekend when we take a little getaway trip to San Francisco to celebrate our anniversary on the 30th (yep... we were only engaged for 11 days!) I am packing the Happy Days game along. I think it will make a great addition to a picnic or lazy afternoon in the park. What a fun way to make new memories together and for me to share something so nostalgic to me, with someone who means the world to me!
May your day be filled with Sparkle, from the inside out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chime in...